Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A tribute to the djs (club & discotheque) of roxas city

They are the unsung heroes of the clubs and discotheques. They are the masters on the turntables, cd players and mixers. They make your body move and sway to the beat that they are playing. Sometimes, you feel in love with them or being hypnotized by the music that they are mixing. They keep Roxas City's nightlife alive and kicking. They can fill up the floor with lots of people.

I am referring to the disc jockeys (DJs) of Roxas city, particularly in the club and discotheque. Do you know who they are or what are their names?  Maybe I can name a few and I know there are a lot in our city. My hats off to them.

So, to start the list, I think we do had 3 kings of djs, they are the jedi master, the pioneer and maybe the reason why our city have great and superb djs:

Marlon Esculin, Ivan Artates and Dodoy Bargas - I think these 3 are related. I was in high school and already heard their names regarding mixing music. Marlon and Dodoy gave me advices when I was starting to learn how to put 2 music in sync. They are also masters of 80's and 90's songs.

Jacque Conlu - He became a dj when he took over Escapade. This guy was my teacher, he taught me the basics of how to mix/sync music. I think, Marlon and Dodoy taught him how to mix and match the beat.

Jay Andrade - One of my many best friend and classmate. We formed and created DJVJ Audio mobile together with Jun-Jun Gallega and Don Bermejo. He was a dj of Club Base at Iloilo city and created Club Ysabel here in Roxas.

Jay Villaruz - Another Jay who was so dedicated in learning how to mix/match/sync music. Did you know that he even tried mixing using cassette tapes.  His dedication paid off, he was with Club Base and many club and discotheque in Iloilo, even Manila experience the music DJ Jayvee. Up to now, he still mixin those beats.

By the way, Jay A, Jay V and I went to one mixing school, that is Escapade. To Jacque, thank you so much for letting us play.

Randy Andrade - Younger brother of Jay A.

Peter Paul Gallega - Cousin of Jun Jun Gallega.

Rommel Lastimoso - Never thought that he will join the DJ's club.

DJ Don and Joan - Husband and wife djs.

DJ Meng of Sandbar.

The DJs of 357.

The Andrada Brothers'.

I forgot the 1st name of Orillos and Arceño.

This list will continue on and on. I will add other djs that I will come across or meet, who are Capizeños. If you know somebody who was a dj before or until now, just write on the "Comment" section the name and maybe some info of him or her. I will be happy to add the names. Also the names listed above if you want to add something about them, just post it on the "Comment" section.

0 comments:

Post a Comment